Baked Potato Chips are a crunchy, delicious snack that is quick and easy to prepare. I like to use one russet potato and one sweet potato when I make these chips.
I sliced the potato chips by hand, but, if you have a mandoline, it would make the potato slicing easier and more even.
I use a cooking oil spray to lightly coat a baking sheet before placing the potato slices, about 1/2 inch apart, on the baking sheet. I then use the cooking spray to lightly coat the potato chips. You could drizzle oil on too, if you prefer.
Lightly coat the potato slices with salt once they have been sprayed with oil. I prefer to use a sea salt grinder, but you could use a salt shaker, as well.
Bake the potato slices about 10-12 minutes, then remove them from the oven and turn each one over and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye on them, your baking time may need to be adjusted based on the thickness of your potato slices.
I put the baked potato slices on a cooling rack until they have cooled to room temperature before serving. They are best enjoyed the day they are baked.
I hope you enjoy!
Baked Potato Chips
- 2 medium potatoes I like to use one russet and one sweet potato. You can use two of the same kind of potato.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil cooking spray
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Wash potatoes and slice to about 1/8 inch thick. You can peel the potatoes, if you prefer.
- Lay the potato slices out on a greased baking sheet.
- Lightly spray potato slices with olive oil cooking spray.
- Using a sea salt grinder, lightly salt the potato slices. If you don't have a sea salt grinder, it is ok to use a regular salt shaker or lightly salt using your hand.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, then flip the potato slices over. You can add more salt at this step, if you desire.
- Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are crisp and the centers are starting to get crisp.
- Remove from the oven, let cool. Enjoy!