Baked Parmesan Zucchini is tender crisp zucchini slices topped with Parmesan cheese. It is good served as an appetizer or side dish. I sometimes like to prepare it for my lunch.
When making this dish, first mix the oil and spices in a large bowl then set aside. Then, wash the zucchini. Next, peel it. I use a vegetable peeler to remove the skin. If you prefer, you can leave the skin on the zucchini. Then, slice the zucchini in 1/2-inch slices. Next, coat the slices in the oil and spice mixture. Place the zucchini slices on a baking sheet, top with more Parmesan then bake. Finally, top them off with a quick broil. Broil until the cheese starts to brown and the zucchini is tender crisp. Serve immediately.
Zucchini is one of my favorite vegetables. Italian Seasoning and garlic are some of my favorite spices. Parmesan Cheese is one of my favorite cheeses. Combine all of those ingredients together and I am one happy camper! I drool just thinking about it! lol
Zucchini is also good sautéed in butter. When my Mom prepared zucchini, she dipped thin zucchini slices into a beaten egg then she dredged the zucchini slices in flour. Mom then sautéd the dipped zucchini slices in butter until crispy. After she removed the zucchini slices from the skillet, she would salt and pepper them. Oh so good!
Zucchini makes a moist and flavorful quick bread. My Mom's Zucchini Bread is one of the most moist quick breads I have eaten.
If you have extra zucchini, you can also freeze shredded zucchini for later use.
When selecting zucchini, I prefer to select small to medium size zucchini. Larger zucchini tend to be watery, flavorless and full of seeds. There are several varieties of zucchini. The color should be rich and vibrant. Green and yellow zucchini are most readily available in my area. Make sure that the zucchini you are using is firm to the touch. Don't use zucchini that is soft or mushy.
I hope you enjoy this Baked Parmesan Zucchini dish!
Baked Parmesan Zucchini
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan, shredded, divided
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Lightly spray a baking sheet or baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic, pepper and 2-3 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Wash zucchini and peel, if desired. I prefer to peel the zucchini.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds.
- Place zucchini in the bowl with the oil mixture.
- Toss to coat.
- Place zucchini in a singe layer on the baking sheet or baking pan.
- Bake for about five minutes.
- Turn the oven to broil and broil for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown. The zucchini should be tender crisp.
- Serve immediately.
Last updated on August 15th, 2019