Baked French Fries are a delicious side dish to make. They have a mild flavor. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. The recipe does not include salt. You won't miss the salt because of the flavors from the other spices.
Baked French Fries are a quick and easy dish to prepare. Simply cut the potatoes into wedges, then dredge them through the oil and spice mixture, then bake. In 30-40 minutes, you will have a tasty side dish!
Wash the potatoes before using them. The soil that the potatoes are grown in gets lodged in the eyes of the potatoes. Sometimes, potatoes are clearly covered in dirt. Other times, the dirt is not necessarily visible. I don't like the idea of eating dirt covered potatoes. Use soap to scrub the potatoes. Then, rinse them well. After washing the potatoes, you can either peel them or leave the skin on them. I prefer to peel the potatoes.
To cut the wedges, first quarter the potato, then slice each quarter into wedges. Depending on the size of the potato, each quarter of the potato will produce 3-4 wedges. Cut each wedge about 1/4 of an inch thick. Dredge each wedge through the oil and spice mixture then place the wedge on the greased baking sheet. You can place the wedges pretty close to each other. Your baking time may vary, depending on the thickness of your wedges.
Baked French Fries have a mild taste. You can add more spices to increase the flavor, but, be careful, because extra spice may over coat the potatoes. The spices will dry out during baking. You will end up with french fries coated in dry spices. Leafy spices, such as Italian Seasoning or Rosemary, seem to dry out more than other spices.
I hope you enjoy!
Baked French Fries
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix olive oil, garlic, onion and pepper in a bowl large enough to coat the french fries.
- Wash the potatoes, peel, then cut into wedges. If you prefer to leave the skin on, you can skip peeling the potatoes.
- As you cut the wedges, coat them in the oil and spice mixture then place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the fries are done to your desired level of crispy.