Bacon Ranch Chicken is a moist chicken breast topped with ranch seasoning mix, mozzarella and bacon. Yum! It's quick and easy to make, too. As a bonus, this dish is low-carb.
You can make your own Ranch Seasoning Mix, or purchase it pre-made. I make my own. The mix calls for spices that I keep in my pantry and it only takes a few minutes to make. I love the flavor of this seasoning mix.
The chicken is fried in bacon grease, which add a lot of flavor. Bacon makes just about anything taste better! Top bacon flavored chicken with ranch seasoning mix, cheese then crumbled bacon. How can you go wrong? 🙂
I found this recipe on the Delish site. It looked good, so I thought I'd give it a try. It is a hit at my house.
I hope you enjoy the Bacon Ranch Chicken!
Bacon Ranch Chicken
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, 1/2-inch thick I use two eight-ounce chicken breasts that are pounded to about 1/2-inch thick.
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, thick cut Adjust to your preference.
- 2 teaspoons ranch seasoning
- ¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Cook the bacon in a large skillet over medium-heat until crispy.
- Remove the bacon to a paper towel lined plate to drain.
- Place the chicken breasts in the skillet, using the bacon grease to saute the chicken. If your bacon left a lot of grease, you can remove some of it. If there isn't enough grease, add some oil before putting the chicken in the skillet.
- Cook the chicken, about 6-8 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, crumble the bacon then set aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, reduce the heat to medium, sprinkle the ranch seasoning over the chicken then top with the mozzarella.
- Cover the skillet and continue to cook until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon over the chicken before serving.