Apple Butter Bread has a rich taste of cinnamon and cloves that goes well with a hot cup of tea or coffee. The cinnamon flavor comes from the apple butter. This quick bread is moist and the nuts provide some chewiness.
I had some apple butter I wanted to use in a recipe so I did some searching and found a recipe that looked simple and tasty. I altered the recipe slightly, so that it is dairy-free and uses just walnuts instead of walnuts and raisins. My hubby isn't too fond of raisins in recipes, so I eliminated them. If you like raisins in quick bread, you can add them. This bread was a big hit!
I have made this bread in a 8x4x2 loaf pan as well as mini-loaf pans. Both make yummy bread. This bread makes a nice breakfast treat, snack or a dessert. Warm the bread slightly and slather it with butter and you have yourself a comforting, satisfying snack! You can refrigerate the bread to extend the its life. You can also freeze it and thaw when you want a yummy treat. I usually freeze quick breads as individual slices so that I can thaw just what I want.
I hope you enjoy the Apple Butter Bread!
Apple Butter Bread
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup dairy-free butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 1/4 cups apple butter
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 8x4x2 loaf pan.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cloves in a bowl.
- Beat the butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the egg and apple butter. Beat until smooth.
- Add flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts. Mix just enough to evenly combine.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in a preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 45-55 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes then remove and cool completely on a wire rack before serving.