Almond and Corn Flake Crusted Chicken Tenders are moist and tender with a crunchy crust. The sauce adds a cool, honey mustard flavor. The chicken tenders warm up nicely as leftovers, too.
Almond and Corn Flake Crusted Chicken Tenders are easy to prepare. You first dip each tender into a beaten egg then into an almond, corn flake and spice mixture. Then, place the chicken tenders on a baking dish and bake. So easy!
The sauce is made from mixing non-fat Greek yogurt, Dijon mustard, mayonnaise, honey and salt. It makes the perfect dipping sauce. Non-fat Greek yogurt is dairy-free, so that is an added bonus for anyone looking for a dairy-free dip.
I like to serve Crispy Oven Baked Steak Fries as a side dish when I make almost any chicken tender dish. Finger foods go with finger foods! 😉
I hope you enjoy!
Almond and Corn Flake Crusted Chicken
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Mix together the fat-free plain yogurt, mayonnaise, Dijon Mustard, Honey and Salt. Set Aside.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- With cooking spray, spray a baking sheet large enough for the chicken breasts.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Set aside.
- Salt and pepper each chicken strip.
- Mix almonds and corn flakes and place in a shallow bowl large enough to dip the chicken strips.
- Place the egg in a shallow bowl large enough to dip the chicken strips and beat the egg.
- Dip a chicken strip in the egg then into the almond and corn flake mixture and place on a baking sheet. Repeat with the other chicken strips.
- Bake the chicken strips for 15-20 minutes, or until done.
- Serve the chicken with the dipping sauce.